Cellarman's beer blog

The finest handcrafted beers delivered fresh to your door

Wednesday 19 March 2008

Remote mashing

I was flicking through TV channels last night trying to avoid cookery programmes, anything to do with moving house, and quiz shows when I happened upon 'An Island Parish' about the vicar on the Scilly Isles. There is now a brewery on the Scilly Isles (nothing to do with the vicar I hasten to add) and it got me thinking about remote breweries.

In the UK, Dent Brewery in Cumbria is fairly remote, then you have the Scottish island breweries on Skye, Orkney and Shetland. In my travels I have been to breweries in the Arctic circle (Mack) and off the east coast of Australia on an island called New Caledonia, but I wonder where THE most remote brewery is? Has anyone got any ideas?

No comments: