Cellarman's beer blog

The finest handcrafted beers delivered fresh to your door

Monday 18 February 2008

Sheltered life

I may have had a sheltered life, but I like to think I've had my moments. I have had guns pulled on me in Moscow and Macao (the latter because of a false tooth, but that's another story), and have been 'a man of the world'.

But.

Look at this from the Sunday Telegraph: metal detectors will be installed at the entrances to pubs and clubs in a bid to clamp down on knife and gun violence, the government will announce tomorrow (Monday). Police will also be able to use search wands - mobile metal detectors - to check revellers for weapons, under proposals to be unveiled by Jacqui Smith, the Home Secretary, in a violent crime action plan.

I thought the security sheep dip at airports was bad enough, but at pubs and clubs?

To bastardise a phrase, stop the world I want to get off.

No comments: