Cellarman's beer blog

The finest handcrafted beers delivered fresh to your door

Wednesday 2 April 2008

April Fool!

OK, I know I am a day late but sometimes it is better to be late than never. Has beer ever been used as an April Fool 'prop'? You bet your cotton socks it has. Here are just two examples:

Not long ago on April 1, a San Diego radio station announced that a beer truck had jack-knifed and couldn't be towed until the beer was drained from it's tank. Over 100people showed up to help drain it!

In Singapore, an ad campaign was launched for a new beer, called XO, so strong that it must be consumed lying down. Guests were invited to a hotel on April 1st to help drink and launch the product.

I would never have fallen for those. Would you?

Right, I am off down the pub later. My mate told me yesterday that every time Liverpool are in possession of the ball tonight, beer is £1.00 a pint. When Arsenal have the ball, it is £4 a pint. It is called a 'floor pair' promotion seemingly. Sounds good.

No comments: